Tuesday, September 08, 2009

i feel bleesed

these couple of days i have been receiving alhamdullilah really good write ups from both press and blogs.. syukur...baki Zainal, standing with Dina as cuddling adik aiman who's father is dying


one way or the other it never really crossed my wildest imagination that people would have viewed me in that light and grant me such words that at both puts a smile a tears of joy and humble bows as i really do not feel that i am worthy of such compliments.. ok i might have just caused a few people to run off to the mountains or even spew blood when they read the first few paragraph of this entry... but that is how i really feel..
i am a believer that you do to others what you would want others to do to you.. as you treat others as how you wish to be treated... my papa always reminded me "tanah tinggi rendah" which in direct translation means "the high and lows of this land"...sounds corny huh?... what he really meant was that we would always have to remember where we are and who we are...

baki zainal ad chef chandra cooking a break fast meal behind the langkawi sunset


when i first started this industry i would always remind myself that i would 1 day hope to have touched lives and make a difference with this gift that HE has bestowed me.. that is my ultimate goal (besides of course earning an income lar) heheheheehe hey i am only human... it has always warmed my heart when i have people approaching me and telling me how i have inspried them or even got them to start thinking ... recently i was in Langkawi helping out on a charity function with The Westin Langkawi... and seeing the family that i was helping out and the generosity of the people there warmed my heart and gives me hope and believe in going the extra mile in promoting unity among us.. syukur...
baki zainal, Alan Thoo and Azizi lightening adik aiman...

with the recent events like the happenings of the whole "Cow Head" issues in Shah Alam ... it gives me confidence and hope as i see the opposite in the people around me ... its not toleration but acceptance that we are looking for... i am Malay, i received Mandarin education, my ancestors came from Pundhicherry, india. My manager and blood brother is chinese and i have different races as friends.. does that makes me less of a malay? in fact that does not bother me now .. i am proud to be Malaysian.

My manager/brother Alan Thoo rised up to the occasion when i proposed to him about joining forces with The Westin Langkawi to help a Malay, Muslim man who was at his lowest not knowing if his kids will have a future when he dies of liver cancer... his outmost fear is not dying, his outmost fear is not the pain his suffering but the fear of not knowing what would happen to his sons when he is no longer here to care for them... Alan picked up the tab worth more than 5K just to fly us artiste and media so that we could create the awareness needed for the said man.. to this i stand bow to you Alan Thoo... not looking at the skin color, race and religion but only as a human being to the other.. i am blessed to know you my brother...

this whole entry is not about propaganda or even racial issues.... this entry is of my feelings and my thanks to those out there who like me believes in making tomorrow a better day for all of us.. to all of you i baki zainal says thank you... ohh ya dont forget to catch me and the infamous taxi drive KJ this coming 9.9.09 on www.15malaysia.com ... allrite all nites...

sesungguhnya baki zainal sayang kamu..

2 comments:

AsX said...

Hi Baki Zainal, I just got to know you from the short video of 'Meter'.

Anyway, great job, man! I was impressed at how fluently you could speak Mandarin. I salute you! :)

Ajami Hashim said...

Salaam bro!

gua respek+salut giler lakonan lu dlm METER & especially HEALTHY PARANOIA!!! ahahaha! good luck bro & slamat ari raye bro! muahhh!